Lakeshore United Church (LUC) welcomes the community to share its beautiful and historic spaces for event use.
- Lakeshore United Church follows all guidelines and principles set out by the United Church of Canada.
- LUC is working to become a member of Affirm United, and as such we welcome people of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- LUC acknowledges, respects, and honours all First Nations Peoples, and recognizes their traditional territories, in particular, those of Treaty 29 and Treaty 45 ½ .
- All requests for use of our facilities go through the Stewardship Committee, which has final authority over all details. Requests may be submitted on line at www.lakeshoreuc.org or by contacting the church office at 519-524-2103. Please note that the Stewardship Committee usually meets only monthly, normally in the 2nd or 3rd week. Whenever possible, please allow lots of time when making your request.
Conditions - the fine print
- It is expected that all persons using the Church will respect the property, with due regard for the purpose of the building as a place of worship and Christian fellowship.
- Emergent requests of a significant nature (e.g. Funerals) will take precedence over regularly scheduled events. The User will be informed if a cancellation is required.
- LUC does not assume liability for persons using the Church. All groups must provide a copy of their own liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars minimum, or arrange it at https://ucc-protect-united.instantriskcoverage.com/login and provide a copy. Note: Small informal groups may be asked to sign waivers instead of providing insurance.
- Alcohol, cannabis, illegal drugs, smoking or vaping are not allowed anywhere on the property.
- It is the responsibility of the User to follow Ontario provincial and Huron-Perth Health Unit guidelines (e.g. COVID).
- Financial compensation for use of the property will be according to the schedule (click here), at the discretion of the Stewardship Committee. Standard rates may be adjusted on an individual basis.
- Advertising for events may use the name Lakeshore United Church as an indication of location, but may not indicate LUC’s endorsement of the User’s activities without written permission.
- For events such as weddings and funerals please ask for the protocols that relate to these sacraments.
- Users needing access to the lift must have prior training as arranged through the office, or pay for an operator supplied by LUC. Note: The lift must never be left at the very bottom of its range. Always leave it between floors. Failure to do so results in a $1,500 service call!
- If catering is done by the UCW, there will be no separate charge for the use of the Fellowship Hall or Kitchen.
- Other Users of the kitchen must provide proof that at least one person has Safe Food Handling certification.
- Users needing access to the dishwasher and/or commercial range must have prior orientation, as arranged through the office.
- Critical Incident Report forms are available in several locations, should any accident occur.
- Users should familiarize themselves with emergency exits, location of fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and AEDs in the area(s) they will be using. There is a full Emergency, Safety, and Evacuation Safety binder available in the church office.
- Safety/property issues: Please ask for permission/instructions before using tape on any surface – e.g. taping electrical cords to the floor. Candles may be used with prior permission, but must not be left unattended. Confetti and helium balloons are not permitted.